Sorry I forgot to post on Tuesday… My bad guys…
So today I have a swatch of Sinful Colors Cinderella, a delicate, light, sheer blue with a subtle pink sparkle. It tends to be quite sheer, I ended up using four thin coats of polish until there was no VNL (visible nail line). Anyway I really like this color aside from its sheer quality. I think the baby blue color and pink sparkle is quite unique.
I don’t think this is a great base polish for nail art due to the layers needed to create an opaque base. It might work as a topper over another nail polish, though. I’ll have to experiment later 🙂
Anyway, have a good weekend everyone! I can’t believe it’s summer already, the year has been flying by!
I found my pictures of the nail art I did using Zoya Payton and Blu from last post! Once I found them, I distinctly remember doing this and being really pleased at the end.
I’ve seen this style nail art before, and wanted to try it out, it seemed pretty easy, and I think I succeeded!
This was pretty easy to do. I painted a base coat, and stroked on a different polish along a diagonal. Once that was dry, I spaced out dots of each color, making sure they each overlapped. Zoya Payton was fairly opaque, it tends to be a bit sheer but I was able to build it up easily.
I hope you enjoyed this nail art, and see you Tuesday!
Please excuse my cuticles. This is one glorious coat of High Frequency by Sephora Formula X. The color is slightly off, my camera wouldn’t capture it fully – it’s actually a slightly deeper teal. But this polish is very opaque and vivid and a little hard to control. The brush is fairly wide, which I like, but the polish threatened to fill my cuticles. I had to be careful about the application, but the payoff is amazing! The color is really pretty and bright.
These are some butterfly nails I did a while ago. Instead of the usual monarch colors, I used a more blue/purple gradient underneath the black outlines. Using Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac and Wet n Wild Putting on Airs, I created a gradient, added a topcoat, then used black and white acrylic paint to create the wings.
I’ve seen countless nails using this design, so I’m not sure where it originated, but credit to whoever did – It’s a really cute design!
For this prompt, I decided to copy this arrow pattern I found online. Using a multitude of colors, this took a while, but I was pretty satisfied with the results.
I applied one coat of Zoya Purity, then I made a gradient using Zoya Purity and Zoya Charlotte, with Purity near the base of my nail and Charlotte at the tip. After adding a topcoat, I used striping tape to create the arrow shapes. I added yet another gradient, this time using, from the base of the nail to the tip, Zoya Sia, Wet n Wild Putting on Airs, Revlon Eclectic, and Sinful Colors Let’s Meet. I put on one last topcoat and that’s it! This took a longer time than usual, as I had to (impatiently ) wait for it to dry before adding the tape.
Anyway, that’s it for this post! See you soon!