Day 27 is inspired by Piet Mondrian’s “Composition with Red, Yellow, and Blue” made in 1921. When this challenge was next, I knew immediately I wanted to use this piece.
It’s a fairly simple piece, but it has enough elements to make each nail differ and include different elements of the painting.
Let me say that some of my friends taking an Art History class were immediately done with me when they saw this. 🙂
I started off with two coats of Zoya Purity, then added a topcoat because I thought I would use guidelines for the black outlines. Instead, I outlined the lines using a toothpick, filled in the square, and finished with a final black outline. I used Zoya Livingston, Zoya Sia, and Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow to finish the primary colors.
I also made a slightly different version with just my ring finger and thumb with the pattern, and the rest in white. This style makes it a more wearable version, as the primary colors paired with the black and white really popped.
I really enjoyed this design, I hope you enjoyed it as much as me! It’s definitely one of my favorites ever!!
This is a color I’ve had for a while, at least three or four years, and it’s not goopy or too thick at all. Impressive. This shimmery aqua is opaque in two coats, yet it does have visible brush strokes across the nail. In my opinion, I think the brush strokes are perfectly acceptable, they fit the tone of the color and shine.
I used white acrylic paint to create a simple dotticure using the head of a bobby pin I bent apart – DIY-ing it all the way! It’s a simple nail art to accomplish with cute results. The design can easily be made more complex by using different colors for the dotticure, as well as different designs.
Have a good week and I’ll see you Friday!
These are some butterfly nails I did a while ago. Instead of the usual monarch colors, I used a more blue/purple gradient underneath the black outlines. Using Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac and Wet n Wild Putting on Airs, I created a gradient, added a topcoat, then used black and white acrylic paint to create the wings.
I’ve seen countless nails using this design, so I’m not sure where it originated, but credit to whoever did – It’s a really cute design!
For this prompt, I decided to copy this arrow pattern I found online. Using a multitude of colors, this took a while, but I was pretty satisfied with the results.
I applied one coat of Zoya Purity, then I made a gradient using Zoya Purity and Zoya Charlotte, with Purity near the base of my nail and Charlotte at the tip. After adding a topcoat, I used striping tape to create the arrow shapes. I added yet another gradient, this time using, from the base of the nail to the tip, Zoya Sia, Wet n Wild Putting on Airs, Revlon Eclectic, and Sinful Colors Let’s Meet. I put on one last topcoat and that’s it! This took a longer time than usual, as I had to (impatiently ) wait for it to dry before adding the tape.
Anyway, that’s it for this post! See you soon!
Just some simple and cute nail art I did on top of Zoya Seraphina. I used black and white nail art stripers to achieve this look. Free handing this was pretty simple, even for those (including me) whose hands tend to tremble. This neutral and simple nail art is clean and professional, working for every occasion.
I will be returning to the 31 day nail art challenge shortly, returning with Inspired by a Movie!